Monday, October 27, 2008

Leadership and unity

I believe in change It is good for the soul and from my vantage point as a husband and father with a successful career, I should be looking for a fresh challenge. Married to Darlene, with three great kids, they are behind my ambition to take on the role of mayor, 100%.

Momentous things are happening, some good, some not so good. The public is aware of them all. Voters can stay the course or make changes. I hope that change is what they want, young as we may be.

No longer a silent critic, I offer my time, my talents and myself as a proven business manager and leader. I compete and collaborate daily with fellow managers throughout North America. I have experienced much success and I will use that success as my guide.

We need a united council who understand that they are accountable to the electorate.

I believe that I am capable of leading this community as it grows and thrives; That I am capable of ensuring that the best interests of the community is at the forefront of each decision that is made and every initiative that is voted in has merit and value.

Council needs an engaged leader, one who is strong enough to take a stand when called upon. One who understands the need for individual expression and who is also smart enough to let the people on staff who have been challenged with specific responsibilities to do their jobs. Unencumbered but ultimately accountable for themselves.

One who won't sit back and wait to see where the chips fall before being counted and making a statement.

We don't need politicians. We need a united group of intelligent individuals, each with their own strengths whose motivation is the betterment of the community. Period.

No comments: